Tuesday, August 5, 2008

At the beginning of July, my family came and it was a lot of fun. Part of the time they stayed with us in our two bedroom apartment...needless to say, things were a little cramped, but it was worth it.

While they were here, we went bowling. I kicked trash. Clayton didn't do too bad either, I supposed. Haha. I think I had the highest pin fall of the day as well as the high score: 145. There was 8 of us so we split up onto two lanes; those using the bumpers and those without.

We also spend a day at Lagoon. It was pretty hot out, but we made sure to hit the water rides. We got drenched. I'm a huge thrill seeker, and even though none of the rides there are amazing, it still was a lot of fun. If Clayton decided to go to the UofU for grad school, we'll probably end up getting season passes next year.

The last couple of days that my family was here, we went camping down in Bryce Canyon. It was so beautiful. Pictures don't it justice. We took a couple of hikes and a million pictures. The weather was hot, but the second day we were there, it rained and cooled things down a bit. The rain also made cooking dinner more difficult (wet wood is hard to light), but nothing lighter fluid wouldn't fix. The food was great, the company was even better...I couldn't ask for a better time.

2 comments:

Sassy Savvy said...

Congrats on a new post! I am really sorry we can't make it down this week :'(

Suzannah said...

I'm so glad your family were able to come. We have to play the next two weeks!