Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight: The Movie

Thursday night/Early Friday morning, Karen and I attended the midnight showing of Twilight. It's probably my favorite book and the movie wasn't half-bad either. I thought I might give you my review and thoughts on the movie

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. The atmosphere of the theater was a lot of fun. It was a room full of mid-teenage girls to lots and lots of moms giggling and gasping at the right parts. There were even a few guys there. People cheered when the Cullens showed up for the time. The story stayed pretty true to the plot, although there were discrepancies. I tried to go in with an open mind and I really liked the film.

The Good:
Robert Pattinson did a good job playing Edward. He has some really good facial expressions. Carlise was also really good. It was comical at parts. Stephenie Meyer had a camio too. Stayed pretty close to the story. They obviously had to cut things out, but they kept most of the important scenes in there. Jacob was very likable, and well cast. Good kiss scenes:)


The Bad:
Kristen Steward, who played Bella, wasn't my favorite part of the movie. Her acting wasn't always believable. When her character was supposed to get excited over something, she seemed to stumble over her words. Some of he things that Edward says or does or not allways Edward-esque or true to his character. Sarah Clarke, who plays Renee seems too old.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've heard mixed feelings on the movie but it's hard to follow a book that is loved so much. I'm glad you liked it and I'm hoping to go see it pretty soon!

Sassy Savvy said...

Hey Amber, when are you going to update? :)