Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tornados in Denver

For the second time this week, we have been under a tornado warning. I didn't know Colorado had tornado, otherwise I may have thought twice about moving here. I guess it's actually not that common, but still. Today's weather was much worse than Sunday, though. First, it got really dark very quickly. Then it started to rain and the winds picked up. Then it started to hail and the winds picked up even more. For a while, I could hardly see out the window because of the wind, rain, and hail. Things have calmed now, and we didn't get hit by any tornado, but Denver looks very atypical for it being JUNE. The white stuff all over the ground is not snow...it's hail. Lots and lots of hail. I have never seen this much hail. And this is after the rain has had a chance to wash some of it away. Anyway, maybe it's not quite that big of a deal, but it sure added some excitement to my day.

2 comments:

Sassy Savvy said...

Well thanks for posting pictures of your new place! I was about to hound you about them. Scary weather! Does Clayton still have to go to school when it is like that?

Cody and Heidi said...

Hello friends!! Well it looks like you got there safe and CONGRATS on the baby!! Keep us posted! We're so so excited for you! School is keepin Cody busy as well but he's really liking it. Talk to ya later!