Friday, November 19, 2010

Mealtimes

Mealtimes have been a lot of fun lately, not to mention VERY messy.  Ryan has gotten to that point where he doesn't want Mom or Dad to feed him anymore.  He gets really frustrated when we try to help, and he insists on holding the spoon himself.  So we have relented and begun teaching Ryan how to use a spoon.  It's a messy process and it stresses me out a little because I don't like messes, but he's a little boy and is going to get messy. I just need to get over it.  Most of the time I'll gently hold his wrist and help guide his spoon into the bowl.  He's pretty good at getting it in his mouth, but misses occasionally. 


Another fun development during mealtimes is he will often copy us when we say "Mmmmm."  The other night him and Clayton were going back and forth, laughing the whole time.  It was one of those really fun moments.  Ryan just thought he was being so funny.

In other news, Ryan has been a little sick lately:(  He's had a bit of runny nose and cough, although he seems to be feeling better today. Now, I don't enjoy having a sick baby, but there is one perk that comes from it.  Ryan is a very active little boy, but when he's sick, he cuddles with me a lot more.  He's never been a very cuddly baby, so when I get the chance I try to make the most of it.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sorry Ryan has been sick. Hopefully it won't last too long. I love the picture with the bucket on his head.

And maybe Ryan needs Grandma to teach him the "oh, oh" game. That's when mealtime gets REALLY messy.

Sarah said...

Ryan looks so sweet! I hope that he is feeling better and gets back to being his happy self.