Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Strawberry Sparkles

We did an easy, yummy craft today that I thought I would share.  I got the idea from FamilyFun.com.  This is one of my new favorite websites, by the way. 


Their website calls for a cream cheese mixed with a little powder sugar, vanilla, and milk but my cream cheese was still too cold to mix well, so I borrowed an idea from my good friend.  Her favorite way to eat strawberries is with sour cream and brown sugar.  So I used sour cream instead and it worked just fine.  Then we dipped in colored sugar.  I bought the blue and yellow from the store and tried making the pink with sugar and food coloring.  It worked pretty well, but dissolved really quickly.  


 Here is Ryan enjoying his strawberries once we were all done:

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ahh that is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing it, sorry we missed it:-( let's do another one next week! I might just have to try this one too!

Cassie said...

SO fun! He is such a cutie!!!