Friday, May 13, 2011

Cake Pops

I don't mean to brag, but I have a wonderful husband.  I know this is a little late, but I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Clayton made french toast for me in the morning, complete with sliced strawberries and bananas.  He made a tasty dinner of pork tenderloin, and for dessert he made cake pops.  We had a originally agreed not to buy presents for each other for Mother's or Father's day since we just recently bought a car, but he broke the rules and surprised me with a gift certificate to Massage Envy.

Everything was wonderful, but I thought I would share the recipe for the delicious cake pops that he made:)

 Ingredients:
1 cake mix, prepared
8 oz. box of cream cheese
12 oz. Chocolate chips
1 tsp. Oil
Popsicle sticks

So you have to bake the cake first.  Let it cool.  Then combine the cake and the cream cheese and mush it all together.  Roll into balls, stick the popsicle sticks in, like a lollipop, and place in the refrigerator for an hour or so. 

Place chocolate chips and oil into a microwave safe bowl, and slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally.  Be sure not to burn the chocolate.  Once the chocolate is melted, dip the balls into the chocolate and place on some wax paper.  You SHOULD allow the chocolate to set up before eating, but it's okay to sneak one before that:)  Sorry I don't have any pictures.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments: