Monday, September 13, 2010

Bountiful Basket

This last week I participated in a Co-op called Bountiful Baskets. It's great because you contribute $15 and that money is used to buy a bunch of produce wholesale. This means you cut out the middle man (ie. the grocery store). The food is then evenly divided between the contributors and you pick up your fruits and veggies at a designated location on Saturday morning.

Here's a picture and a list of everything I got. It was enough to fill an average sized laundry basket:


6-Corn
5-Tomatoes
5-Nectarines
4-Bananas
2-Heads of Cabbage
2-Heads of Leaf Lettuce
1-Bunch of Grapes
1-Giant Butternut Squash
1-Honeydew Melon
1-Carton of Mushrooms

I've been having a lot of fun looking up new recipes to use up all of this produce, but if any of you have some yummy or easy ways to use these, please let me know!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That makes me excited to order my basket tonight!

Suzannah said...

Yay! I just picked up mine this morning!