Thursday, September 23, 2010

First steps


Ryan took his first solo steps yesterday, and I couldn't be prouder. It is so much fun to see him get more and more independent as he learns to do new things. Yesterday's steps were "falling with style" but today, he took a step, made sure he had his balance, then took a few more quick steps before falling down. What a big boy! He also starting to look older to me, too. As I placed him down for a nap the other day, I noticed that his face is starting to look different, older.

I am convinced that being a mom is one of the best things in the world. I thought my heart was full when I married Clayton, but now I think it has grown to make room for all this love that I have for Ryan. I'm sure that it will grow bigger with each child that we have. It's funny how I can't imagine my life without these two amazing boys(well maybe one's a man:) in my life.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay Ryan! I knew it wouldn't take long! he is looking much older and so cute!

Kathleen said...

They grow up pretty fast!